Downtown Gilbert’s Liberty Market is one of my favorite restaurants for lunch, but I can see how some might consider its menu of delicious sandwiches, salads and wood-fired pizzas too casual for a traditional “nice evening out.”
If you already have some favorites on Liberty’s menu, don’t worry. Nothing is being eliminated, and all the former items are still available for lunch and dinner.
After 5 p.m. daily, though, you’ll also be able to enjoy:
• Apricot glazed chicken breast with mashed sweet potatoes and seasonal vegetables ($14);
• Flat iron steak with Mr Pibb marinade and chimichurri sauce, roasted garlic smashed potato and seasonal vegetable ($16);
• Grilled halibut with oven-roasted tomato salsa, mashed roasted cauliflower and seasonal vegetable ($16);
• Grilled chicken pasta with parmesan cream sauce, smoked mozzarella, chopped bacon and pecorino romano ($11);
• Grilled chicken sandwich with Monterey Jack cheese, spicy avocado spread, chipotle vinaigrette and kettle chips ($9);
• On Fridays and Saturdays, braised mussels in a chef’s “broth of the day” with grilled Sicilian bread ($10).